Dates: December 10-14
- The contest is open to all ages.
- Staff members of the Frederic Public Library are ineligible for prizes.
- Each contestant is limited to one gingerbread house entry.
- Each contestant must sign a release allowing the library to possibly use his/her name, photo, and entry in publicity including website, Facebook page, and print releases.
- All building materials (except the base) should be edible.
- The length and width of the base should not exceed 18 inches by 18 inches.
- A completed copy of the entry form below must also accompany each entry.
- Contestants must bring their entries to Frederic Public Library. Drop-off times are the week of December 10-14, Monday – Friday from 10am – 6pm.
- Library visitors will be able to vote for their favorite entries for the Popular Vote prize.
- A panel of judges will choose first and second place winners in each category.
- Prizes will be awarded.
Pick up a registration form at the Library
Afternoon Book Club meets Dec. 18 at 2:00 PM
Educated by Tara Westover
An unforgettable memoir about a young girl who, kept out of school, leaves her survivalist family, started her education formally at the age of 17, and goes on to earn a PhD from Cambridge University. This is a tale of survival, struggle, and success.
Evening Book Group meets Dec 20 at 6:45 PM
No specific book was chosen for discussion this month, but we have an assignment: bring a title or two of books that you would give as a gift or that you have received as a gift – and tell us why you have chosen them. These could be for any occasion or person or time in your life – a story to share with us.
We will also take a few minutes to choose discussion titles for the first several months of 2019
Do you want to develop basic skills with computers? Do you need help accessing online library items? Not sure how to use your new device? Call the library and reserve a time for one-on-one tutoring. 715-327-4979
Help our Friends of the Library
127 Oak Street West
Frederic, WI 54837
Mon: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tue: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm