Jillian Chell, President
Donna Tietz, Vice President
Lory Gustafson, Secretary
David Ammend, Treasurer
Meetings are typically the first Monday of the month and are open to the public.
There are no openings at this time. Thank you.
We are always happy to accept those who wish to volunteer their time at the library. We will train you on shelving library materials, and completing other basic library tasks. There is also an optional login sheet you can use to track your time spent volunteering for us to be used towards community service credit. For those interested in volunteering, please talk to the director for further details.
Mission Statement and Goals of the Library
The Frederic Public Library provides quality materials and services in a proficient manner for information, entertainment, intellectual development, and enrichment of the people of the community in a welcoming and courteous environment.
The general library goals of the Frederic Public Library shall be:
- To serve all residents of Frederic and the surrounding community.
- To acquire and make available to all residents books, periodicals, audiovisual materials, and other services to
- Become well informed;
- Locate answers to questions;
- Cultivate the imagination and creative expression;
- Develop skills for career and vocational advancement; and
- Enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services.
- To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested materials locally and upon demand.
- To make these materials as conveniently available to the people of the community as the library budget will permit. The most current Wisconsin Public Library Standards, as adopted by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s Division for Libraries and Technology, shall be the goal toward which the library will strive.
- To maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
- To seek to identify community needs, provide programs and services to meet such needs, and to collaborate with other organizations, agencies, and institutions to provide programs of service to meet community needs.
- To regularly review the goals of the Frederic Public Library and revise them as necessary.
- To maintain an annual budget and continually seek to secure new and additional funding opportunities.
Services at the Library
- Books are loaned for three weeks and may be renewed twice if there are no outstanding holds on the particular item
- Generally, reference books do not circulate. Upon request, some reference materials may be checked out
- Periodicals are loaned for one week and may be renewed once if there are no outstanding holds on the particular item
- DVDs are loaned for one week and may be renewed once if there are no outstanding holds on the particular item
- Lucky Day (newly released) DVDs are loaned for only three days and may not be renewed
- Books on CD are loaned for three weeks and may be renewed once if there are no outstanding holds on the particular item
- Materials borrowed from other MORE libararies will be loaned according to the owning library’s loan rules
- Interlibrary loans from outside the MORE system are due the date indicated by the lending library and not generally renewable
- First-time patrons are limited to five items, and no more than two DVDs
- Books are 10 cents per book for each day past the due date (i.e. 3 books overdue: 2 are 4 days late (.80) and 1 is 1 day late (.10) = 90 cents)
- Audiobooks are 10 cents per audiobook for each day past the due date
- Periodicals are 10 cents per periodical for each day past the due date
- DVDs are 50 cents per DVD for each day past the due date
- Lucky Days DVDs are $1.00 per Lucky Days DVD for each day past the due date
If outstanding materials are not returned after 15 days, a notice will be mailed to them. A second notice of outstanding materials will be sent out after 30 days, followed by a bill at 45 days for the cost of replacing the item, including a service charge for processing and cataloging. Replacement charges of $100 or more that are not paid within 60 days of the letter of notice will be referred to legal action.
Funds received for replacement of charges for lost materials will be reimbursed to the patron if the materials are returned in good condition within 30 days of paying the charges.
If fines or charges are paid with a check returned for insufficient funds, the library will add the original charges plus the bank service charge to the patron record; send a copy of the charges and the bank statement to the patron; and accept only cash or money order to clear the record.
Patrons with overdue materials, fines and/or replacement costs that would accrue in excess of $9.90 shall be denied borrowing privileges, as well as revoking public computer access, until the replacement costs are paid and the fines are under $10.00.
We also provide free WiFi for all your mobile devices. When we are closed, our WiFi can still be accessed in the breezeway at the entrance of the library.
Who We Are –
Mission Statement – “The Friends of the Frederic Library support the library in developing its facilities and services for the community, encouraging gifts and bequests to the library, and stimulating greater public support and use of the Frederic Public Library.”
The Friends of the Frederic Library raise funds from annual dues and other contributions from members, sponsorship of book and bake sales and various other fund raising activities.
The Friends also provide volunteer support and advocate for the library by being active members of our community.
How We Help the Library –
- Purchase materials such as adult and juvenile reference books, books on special topics, and other books of interest for the library.
- Fund the purchase of materials such as music CDs, DVDs, audio books and other formats for library patrons.
- Apply for grants for various library services and programs.
- Raise funds for the library to supplement needs not met by the annual library budget.
- Support the summer reading program and encourage participation within our surrounding community.
- Promote new and existing programs of the library.
- Raise community awareness and support for the Library.
127 Oak Street West
Frederic, WI 54837
Browse and curbside by appointment
Mon: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Tue: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wed: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Thu: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Book Drop Open